Saturday, April 21, 2012

Where to stay: the 9th or Marais?

I have the option of staying at either Hotel Langlois in the 9th, or Hotel Jeanne D%26#39;Arc in Marais. I am having trouble deciding. Lanlois is ranked very high, but I%26#39;ve heard Marais is a great place to stay. Any suggestions?




|||



I don%26#39;t know either hotel but I do love the Marais area and would always stay there as a preference. Great everything -history of the Place des Vosges, the Jewish quarter, interesting little museums, shops of all sorts (that open on a Sunday!) a wonderful food market on a Sunday on Blvd Richard Lenoir, walkable to many other places, plenty of Metro stops around to get further afield. Some good restaurents/cafes. And not too noisy - at least anywhere I%26#39;ve stayed.




|||



My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Langlois this past December and loved it. The metro stop is less than a block away and is convenient to go anywhere in the city. The hotel staff was very friendly and we had a lot of laughs with them.


The area around the Hotel Langlois is not terribly lively but we found a wonderful restaurant 2-3 blocks away called the %26quot;Duex Theatre%26quot; ( my spelling may be off). In fact we ate there 2 nights out of the 6.


We took the Metro to the Marias district during the day and wandered thru the shops. It is defintely a more trendy area than the 9th. We have recommended the Langlois to other friends and they have enjoyed their stays there also.


Have fun planning your trip.




|||



Our friends stayed at the Hotel Jeanne D%26#39;Arc and loved it. Cozy and sweet. They loved the area too, lots of things to see and great walking (of course). We tried to get a room for our upcoming trip and they were booked.

No comments:

Post a Comment