Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Fatty in white sneakers :) ha ha

I am going to be totally honest. From reading these message boards the past couple of months I am most worried about the following things - Should I be as stressed and I feel :)





I am a about a size 10-12 - From what I have read, I am going to stick out because I am much fatter than the parisian women. (I am 26)





I have (what I think to be) the cutest pair of sketchers white shoes. - mind you I won%26#39;t wear them ALL the time, but will on the days we will be doing a lot of walking. (stalletos just don%26#39;t seem to be the most practical thing) Is this a terrible idea because I will look too funny?





I know there have been a million posts about shoes/dress etc, but really need to know how much it really matters. I am told to pack light, but how can you do that and only bring a couple pairs of shoes and enough clothes that you will be comfortable during the day and fashionable at night. Mind you I don%26#39;t speak a lot of French, so won%26#39;t I look like a tourist no matter what i do?





Sorry... now i am rambling on - I guess just post something to tell me I%26#39;m a complete moron or whatever.





Thanks!




|||



I was thinking the same thing!! I don%26#39;t care if I stick out like an American, because I am one!! I will also be in my sketchers while sight seeing and changing in the evenning when going out. We don%26#39;t expect foreigners to change for us in the USA, we just make fun of how they look. I expect that they will do the same of me. haha!!




|||



I was thinking the same thing!! I don%26#39;t care if I stick out like an American, because I am one!! I will also be in my sketchers while sight seeing and changing in the evenning when going out. We don%26#39;t expect foreigners to change for us in the USA, we just make fun of how they look. I expect that they will do the same of me. haha!!




|||



When in Paris you should be absorbed with all the sights and sounds at your disposal and not worry so much about what people think. You mentioned your Sketchers are cute, what about comfortable? If you can walk forever in them you will be much better off than in anything more stylish that gives you blisters the first day.




|||



Please, when my husband and I where in Italy last year, I wore a cute pair of Ked like sneakers. I paired then with a nice pair of slacks and either a button down shirt or a nice pull-over. I left the jeans and t-shirts at home and because I had taken the time to learn Italian, I was treated great. Try bringing 2-3 pairs of pants with more shirts so you can stay light in the suitcase. As for the shoes, you are going to france, I purchased 2 pairs of shoes in Italy that went with all my outfits, so don%26#39;t worry so much.




|||



Hey fellow Salt Laker. I wouldn%26#39;t worry too much. Enjoy yourself. Try to speak the language. Smile and be polite. What more can people ask for?







When will you be in Paris? I%26#39;m going in T-minus 24 days!




|||



I know how you feel about your size - I wish I were a 10 again, but when my Dad was dying last summer, I packed on the pounds while caring for him. But I have forgiven myself, and will lose the extra 20 lbs. eventually. I feel good about myself. I will go to Paris and learn and absorb the culture and the experiences to be had and, yes, eat! I will wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable, clean, neat and that suit me. If they are not the latest style or tres chic, so what? Who will truly care? I hope you do not stress too much and really enjoy your trip because you deserve to!




|||



I%26#39;m leaving in 24 days and would LOVE to say that I%26#39;m a size 10....but I don%26#39;t think I%26#39;ll be able to lose another 35 lbs in that short amount of time!! Do I care? Not really......I will be celebrating my 40th birthday with my best friend in the world (also NOT a size 10) in my favorite city in the world......and I plan on walking as much as possible (with my cute sketchers) and eating anything I want!! I%26#39;ll worry about the extra weight when I come back home and start lying about my age!





You%26#39;ll have a great time.....relax.....and don%26#39;t stress out!!




|||



Happy Birthday, Canuck. Enjoy your 40th! But don%26#39;t lie about it...you just keep getting better after 40. Trust me!! Actually after 50 is even better :-)




|||



Jdalton - I leave this Thursday :)





Merci to everyone else - I really have enjoyed using this forum.





Paris...here I come. Yeah!




|||



Have agreat time you will look to cut with you rshoes and maube a 3/4 belted old navytrench coat



very inexpensive great fit in you suitcase and looks tailerd on. I have 93 long days left to go... I hope that your trip is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment