Wednesday, April 25, 2012

one evening at paris disneyland

my husband and i will have one free afternoon/evening and i would like to visit disneyland paris. is it worth it? how far from paris is it? any suggestion would be appreciated. it would be on may 27th.




|||



I don%26#39;t know if it is %26#39;worth it%26#39; (since I live in Florida with no kids, probably not for me :) - you can take the RER out to it, takes about 45 minutes I think.





Now that you can %26#39;search%26#39; the forum, why don%26#39;t you try that?..




|||



These are the opening times for the park for date you mention Disneyland Park



from May 9th to 27th, 2005:



10.00 - 20.00 from Monday to Friday



9.00 - 20.00 on Saturday and Sunday and on May 16th



Walt Disney Studios Park



from May 9th to 27th, 2005:



10.00 - 18.00 from Monday to Friday



9.00 - 18.00 on Saturday and Sunday and on May 16th



This may affect your decision to visit. A one day ticket will cost 40 Euros each adult. It all depends on what you are into, Years ago when I was in Paris with my husband before we had kids, we took a day out and went to Disneyland Paris and I really enjoyed it, we have been back a couple of times since with the kids and they love it. SO I cant really advise you except to whatever you decide enjoy.




|||



I do not think that it is worth while for Americans to come all this way and then go to an American icon. It is barely different from the US parks and unless you will be here fore several months, there is so much else to do that you could never do at home and that will give you a feeling of being in France.




|||



Bonjour Brevin, judging for your post %26quot;will have one free afternoon/evening%26quot; probably imply that you are travelling with a tour. If that is the case, believe me, you will surely feel like doing a lot of others activitees, in your alone time. The recommendation of the previous poster are absolutely right. Bon voyage.




|||



thanks for thr feedback! is the disney store worth a stop to find some disney-paris merchandise for the kids instead? any other suggestions on how to spend the time?




|||



Paris has some great characters of its own... like TinTin Marsupilami and Titeuf. If any of your travels bring you near the latin qtr you are sure to bump into a shop or two selling figurines. If not you could check out he toy dept. at any one of the many dept. stores in the city.



Sounds like you are regretting your decision to come to Paris and wish you were headed for Orlando....




|||



Phread, and let%26#39;s not forget my favorites: Asterix and Luckyluke.




|||



not regretting at all that we aren%26#39;t going to orlando, very excited about paris! tell me more about these characters or any other suggestions for suveniers for boys 3 and seven. Anysuggestions for things to do that evening? we will have done most of the tourist spots with our tour by then. thanks for the feedback




|||



And my daughters will give me a tongue lashing for having left out barbapapa and witch...





For night life how about checking out some great jazz music at Le Bilbouquet in the St Germain des Pres neighborhood, or le Petit Journal in Montparnasse. Just strolling is a lovely evening past time... a picnic on the Pont des Arts or dinner in a four star restaurant are other options.





If it happens to be one of the nights that the museums are open late, it is wonderful to go back and have the place practically to your selves.




|||



I live in Orlando, and have been to Disneyland Paris - I don%26#39;t think it is at all like Walt Disney World or Disneyland in California (both of which I%26#39;ve been to many times). Most Disney fans I know love the one in Paris - including myself, which is why my husband and I will be going at the end of May for a day.





I don%26#39;t know if it would be worth it - but you may find it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment