Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Eiffel & Thanks

I have a Eiffel Tower related question:



My wife and I would like to catch the sunset from the top of the Eiffel Tower this Tuesday (we leave tomorrow!). Considering the time of year and the day of the week AND our intent of being at the top by sunset, what would be a good time to arrive at the Eiffel Tower? I%26#39;d hate to wait in lines for a long time only to have just missed sunset.





Tonight is my last night to check these boards before we go. I%26#39;d like to address everyone here that the information that has been provided here is invaluable. The generosity of sharing tips and experiences is, in my opinion, one of the best uses of the Internet I can think of. I am appreciative of everyone on this forum!





Thank You All!




|||



We were in Paris March 12-16; had dinner at Altitude 95 on March 14, at 7 pm. At that time, sun was setting just after 7 pm. We watched lights come on over Trocadero section and it was completely dark by 7:30. This was on a sunny day. Since it%26#39;s two weeks later now, I would add ten minutes or so. Lines at Eiffel Tower were very short at that time.





You probably know that Eiffel Tower also has second set of lights, in addition to the permanent illumination lights, that twinkle for ten minutes from 0:00 to 0:10 each hour at night. This is worth seeing but can only be seen from outside the Eiffel Tower. Stand on Trocadero bridge and watch the whole ten minutes; the lights blink faster and faster and then suddenly go off.




|||



As they have just changed to a daylight time, I would add another hour and ten minutes or so.



The weather sites, such as http://www.weatherunderground.com/ will give you a sunset time for today and also a history for a previous year. I would bet the sun sets the same time on a given day each year :)))

No comments:

Post a Comment