Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Need opinions Hotel Ares in the 15th vs. Hotel Claude...

We will be travelling to Paris for the first time for four days in June. The two hotels above are the final contenders. Looking for input on the pros and cons of each location in terms of ambience, proximity to major attractions, safety, good restaurants, etc., etc.





Thanks a million for your help!




|||



For me its the Hotel Claude Bernard hands down. I am basing this uniquely on location. I prefer this neighborhood and you could walk to Notre Dame , St Chapel, Luxembourg Gardens, St Germain des Pres etc from that hotel.




|||



I know nothing about Hotel Ares. I know quite a bit about



Hotel Claude Bernard. I stayed there for two weeks in



September 2002 and 2 weeks in September 2003.



Same room on the top floor. Out on one balcony was a view



of Notre Dame and out the other, a view of Invalides.



Location was ideal as indicated in the previous post.



The staff was most courteous and extremely helpful.



An excellent breakfast in house or a patissarie across the



street. A block and a half from the Metro. The Pantheon,



rue Muffatard, rue San Jacques and Blvd. St. Michel within



3 blocks. The Latin Quarter is in your front yard.





I hope the above gives you a sense of Hotel Claude Bernard



and why I enjoyed it. In my times in Paris, it is the only



hotel I stayed in twice.




|||



If you want to be in the%26quot;mix%26quot; of things-good things -then the





5th arrondisement is where you should plant your self. If you want



to commute to- n -fro then the 15e is where you want to be. The 5th



arrondisement is near the core of the golden shell and the 15th arrondisement



is an outer rim. Bon Rendez-vous, Le hood

No comments:

Post a Comment