Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Shuttle vs Air France bus for CDG to the 7th

I can%26#39;t decide which mode of transfer from CDG to the 7th. I will be with my 13 yo son and luggage. I inquired about the shuttle and it the blue shuttle costs 29E to the hotel and 45E back to the airport. The return would pick us up at the the hotel at 5:30AM (ugh)for a 9:55AM flight.



How difficult is it to get transport from Air France bus drop off to the 7th, how about cost? I believe it would be by taxi. How would I get the taxi to the bus terminal on departure from the hotel?



Maybe I would be better with the shuttle and just accept being ready and out at 5:30AM.




|||



Hi,





We are staying in the 7th next month. I%26#39;ve think we%26#39;re going to take the Roissy Bus (about 8.20E pp) that goes nonstop to the Opera area. Then we are either going to grab a cab or walk a block and get the metro. Going back, I%26#39;m thinking maybe a shuttle. The Roissy Bus has a rack for baggage and is not a bad ride at all. I think a cab to our hotel will be about 15E give or take. We will only have rollaboard luggage though.





Judy




|||



We just returned last night and we also stayed in the 7th. We used Goldenair Shuttle to and from the airport. It was $17 per person each way. I know 5:30 sounds early for your flight but we got to the airport 3 hours before our flight and there was a 1 hour line just to check in so you may need that extra time. You will have plenty of time on the plane to catch up on any sleep you miss that night! :-)




|||



The problem I have with the shuttle is every flight I%26#39;ve taken in the past few months has been delayed...a LOT. Don%26#39;t know how I would reschedule a shuttle on our arrival.




|||



There is an airfrance bus that goes to the 7th. You should check on that. The metro with luggage is not fun. WE%26#39;ve used parisshuttle several times.




|||



To Fla-Girl: We go to the 7th in a month. How was your trip? Find any new, good restaurants around the Rue Cler?



Travel/Buddy: We know a taxi driver in Paris who speaks fluent English but he is $50 + an hour. Poodles




|||



Not sure how light you%26#39;re traveling with your son, but have you considered taking the RER train to CDG? Thats what I did. I just took the Metro to Gare du Nord station and hopped on the RER there and it went non stop to CDG. Can%26#39;t recall exactly how much it was.. but think it was around 5 Euro for the whole trip (metro %26amp; RER). So thats another option for you..



(I did see a few Air France %26quot;bus stops%26quot; around the city.)




|||



To Poodles: Our last night we ate at Pasco which is on the corner of rue chevert across from the invalides. Our hotel recommended it and the food was really good. The waiters were very nice and went through everything in english for us and doted over my 10-year old.





We arrived on a Sunday when everything is closed so ate at an italian restaurant on rue cler and the food was just ok.





Of course you can%26#39;t go wrong with any of the pattiseries. Yummmmm.





All our other meals were eaten at various other places around paris.




|||



To: Fla-Girl ~ Was the Italian place on the Rue Cler 7eme Sud? We are staying at the Relais Bosquet for 7 nights, and dining at Au Bon Accueil, which we love; and a new place called Auguste - in the 7th, Anyone know of it or have a review to share? ~ We will try the nice place you suggested, as we arrive on a Sunday, as well. Merci%26#39; ~ Poodles




|||



To Fla-Girl ~ oops, I see you dined at Pasco your last evening. We will check it out ~ sounds nice. We are seeing good friends who we will meet up with for a few meals and adventures - deciding now where The Meals should be: George, Joel Rubouchon, Allard, a few others. Any suggestions? Poodles




|||



TravelBuddy,





We%26#39;re staying at the Relais Bosquet too! When are you going? We%26#39;re arriving 13Apr for five nights. Have you decided how you%26#39;re getting there yet? I%26#39;m still leaning to the Roissy bus and metro from Opera. Read a post on Fodor%26#39;s where the person did that too. Or maybe the Air France Bus to Invalides and cab. I know I%26#39;ll be pooped cause I don%26#39;t sleep well on planes.





Judy

No comments:

Post a Comment