Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Chanel makeup....

I apologize in advance if this question sounds ridiculous, but I swear I read somewhere that Chanel makeup in Paris is considerably cheaper than it is in the U.S or Canada. Does any of our Parisian posters know the price of a Chanel lipstick (in Paris) for example??





Thanks....




|||



Ooh, I%26#39;d like to know that as well. I might stock up on my moisturiser while I%26#39;m there!





What about Clarins as well?




|||



And what about Lancome??? Great question, Canuck!




|||



I%26#39;m bumping this message up because I%26#39;d like to know too. I%26#39;ve heard that many of the brands that we have here in the US are much cheaper in France - I hope this is true!




|||



I read in my Fodor%26#39;s book for Paris that a store called Monoprix sells that makeup for cheaper then the U.S.




|||



monoprix does not sell chanel or clarins products, they sell cheap brands like bourgeois, gemey-maybelline, brands like that. but this is not %26#39;high%26#39; make-up, like chanel. you will have the best choice to sephora av des champs elysees, it%26#39;s the biggest and better than marionnaud (less choice).




|||



I shop at Sephora here in the US, are the prices less in France? I could have sworn someone told me that the french brands of cosmetics/skin care are much cheaper there.




|||



I would think price will depend on the exchange rate when you buy; these are not the best of times for the USDollar.




|||



I%26#39;m surprised that noone else has mentioned this: I have found that the very best place to buy cosmetics (I usually get Lancome) is at the duty free shop at CDG right before I leave.




|||



I%26#39;m still crossing my fingers and hoping that items will be less expensive. The Canadian dollar has never been very strong, but some regional items are just cheaper to buy in their local area. Evian water is somewhat pricey over here, but in Chamonix it%26#39;s very reasonable.




|||



My Lancome blusher at CDG duty free shop was about half of what it usually is here

No comments:

Post a Comment