Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Hermes

I heard that Hermes scarves, ties, etc. are a good buy in Paris even with the lousy exchange rate. Does anyone have first-hand experience to confirm this?



Thanks - leaving May 1st and really learning a lot from these forums!!




|||



With the exchange rate, it%26#39;s not that great. However, if you search in the depot-ventes (clothing consignment shops) you can often find Hermes scarves for around 75 euros.




|||



I bought some Hermes scarves last year and they were about 250 Euros each, but I got 15% back (le detaxe), so my scarves ended up costing around 212 Euros each.




|||



Hermes scarves may not be much cheaper, but it%26#39;s fun to shop in the Hermes store. My husband doesn%26#39;t like going in there because he says the service is bad and I can never get a sales person%26#39;s attention. What I%26#39;ve explained to him is that the service is exceptional. Once you have a sales person, you have her for as long as you need her! My first trip I wanted a scarf from Hermes as a souvenir, and then each trip since I%26#39;ve ended up getting another one. I may have to stop because we%26#39;ve been going back much more often then I thought we would, but I like being able to pull out one of my scarves and saying %26quot;this is the one from our May 2002 trip!%26quot;




|||



Thanks for the information!




|||



Hi, in regards to the tax back. i thought it%26#39;s 10% tax back even though you actually pay 15%. Or is that only for certain stores? I forgot what website I read that from.

No comments:

Post a Comment