Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Best Place for Lunch near D'Orsay

Suggestions, please, on a memorable and good meal ( six in our party, all adults) at a bistro or restaurant near the Musee D%26#39;Orsay. Merci!




|||



When we were at the D%26#39;Orsay, we had an excellent lunch inside the museum. I don%26#39;t remember the name of the restaurant, as it was 5 years ago, but I believe it was upstairs from the entrance. The ambiance and food were both great.




|||



I%26#39;ve heard of the lunch at the D%26#39;Orsay as well. I think it%26#39;s a buffet, but I%26#39;m not certain.





Anyone else?? Is it worth eating at the D%26#39;Orsay?




|||



Two places to eat within the Musee. The first is a very popular (with the tourist crowd) restaurant in a historic and gorgeous Belle Epoque dining room. The atmosphere is light and sunny with large windows and lots of palms. The food is not exceptional, but traditional French and it is worth going once.



The second option is a cafe. I prefer this area, as I love sitting beneath the facade of the large clock that adorns the facade of the once train station, the food is much simpler (and cheaper) here and the environment a bit louder.



As for options outside of the museum, Cafe Mucha on the Blvd. St Germain is a nice place with an outdoor seating area and nice salads, but there are countless other good options nearby, too.




|||



Thanks for your ideas ~ we might just hop a cab and lunch afterwards at Joel Robouchon%26#39;s new place in the 7th........



lunch at the l%26#39;Orsey cafe or dining room is something I%26#39;ve done before, and it%26#39;s grand, and busy and the food is ok to good......but it%26#39;s more fun to dine at one of Paris%26#39; wonderful bistros, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment