Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Just Back March 27th...... preliminary review

hey guys!!!!! i just got back a few minutes ago. had a great time in paris this last week =)





i will be writing a detailed review later on when i%26#39;ve had some time to rest and everything, but for now just wanted to say that the weather was wonderful and even kinda hot on a couple of days/times. the people were all very nice except for one waiter who was quite rude i thought.





it was a bit tiring looking for vegetarian food sometimes... even though there is always pizza, falafel, pasta, vegetable tarts, etc ... sometimes i guess we were just in areas that didn%26#39;t have alot of vegitarian options (but that was expected).





we stayed off St Michel in the latin quarter at the Hotel Des Mines. it was quite nice i thought... it wasn%26#39;t too small, the bed was big which was a pleasant surprise, and the bathroom was clean. nice area and metro stop a minute or two walk away. i would definately recommend the hotel.





pain au chocolat and pain raisin...(spelling)? YUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



i could eat them all day





ok like i said... i%26#39;ll post a detailed review of everything later on with picturse and maybe short video clips too =O




|||



Welcome back! Can%26#39;t wait to hear more. And I couldn%26#39;t agree more with the description of the pain au chocoat and pain raisens. YUMMM. We went to a local store when we returned to get a croissant just to have a memory for breakfast. It tasted like lard and we had to throw it away. For those who have never had a real French pastry I have to say - regular American bakers have no clue!




|||



Welcome home Corny! I look forward to hearing your reviews - but probably not until I return. I leave tomorrow AM to Holland and then on to Paris 4/9 till the end of the month. It will be fun to compare notes, as I%26#39;m staying in the Latin Quarter too. Hope my accomodations are as nice as yours; I don%26#39;t mind small as long as it%26#39;s clean. Can%26#39;t wait to try the pain au chocolat et pain raisin!




|||



I got back from Paris nearly two weeks ago and also loved it. Gotta agree about the vegetarian comment. Its definitely not as easy as it is in LA.. but then that is to be expected. No surprises. I did eat quite a bit margherita pizzas and omelettes. Oh and the crepes! Oh, the nutella crepes.. yummy! Gotta admit I didn%26#39;t eat any pain au chocolates in Paris. But thats all I had for breakfast in London.



I%26#39;m jealous your weather was so nice. It was quite cold (and grey) while I was in Europe (3/3-3/14 - London/Amsterdam/Paris). With Paris being the warmest.. but not warm by any means. My last full day there 3/13, which was spent at Versailles, it was actually quite a nice warm day.



I loved Europe so much that I%26#39;m going back late June/early July! (Yes, I%26#39;m crazy.. so instead of my income tax return helping pay for this past trip - which was on the credit cards.. its gonna pay for this upcoming trip! But what can I say? I%26#39;m addicted now!)




|||



Welcome back!!! Looking forward to your review. I remember you asking one of the first questions I ever answered...about buying the train ticket from CDG to Paris with the credit card machines...hope it worked out for you.




|||



Sparks... I tried using those credit card ticket machines for my CDG to paris RER ticket but i think they weren%26#39;t working properly because i couldnt get it to work and a few other people before me and after me couldnt get to work it either. and i%26#39;m sure its not that hard to figure out.. so maybe it was messed up for a bit.



but the lines werent big to buy tickets from the counter so it was no problem :)




|||



Welcome home Cornfellow! I am also waiting with antiscipation to



hear all the wonderful things you have to tell us. Don%26#39;t wait to long



to share your travel ventures. Ulysses




|||



-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic was inactive for 6 months and has been closed to new posts. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 8:15 pm, May 23, 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment