Tuesday, April 24, 2012

hotel advise

My family of 3 (2 adults and 20 year old daughter) are planning our first trip to Paris. We want to stay at a large, comfortable as American styled hotel as possible. Air conditioned room, high speed internet, American styled full breakfast buffet, etc. Also, if there isn%26#39;t laundry facilities at hotel, a laundromat nearby that we can walk to. I realize most people want the ambiance of a French hotel, but as there are three of us, we just want to be a comfortable as possible besides just exploring the sights. All recomendations are really appreciated. Thanks, much.




|||



I%26#39;m afraid that your choices are rather limited. Most of the hotels with larger %26quot;American%26quot; style hotel rooms are in the upper price bracket, 4 and 5-star, or located closer to CDG.





My question is, if you don%26#39;t want the ambiance of a French hotel, and then why go to France? Why not just visit Las Vegas instead. They have an Eiffel Tower you can visit.




|||



Check the outlaying areas like La Defense and Neuilly Sur Seine. There%26#39;s a Courtyard by Marriott in Neuilly Sur Seine that has decent rates less than $200/night range. They offer buffet full breakfasts but it may or may not be included in the hotel rate. You will be at the mercy of the METRO/RER for transportation since it is out of the city limits and %26quot;commuting%26quot; to the city. Otherwise, be prepared to pay up $$$ for the typical Marriott/Hilton in Paris.





I agree with Robert that you really do want to experience Paris IN Paris. At least walking will be an option. I believe I read on this forum you can find breakfasts with eggs %26amp; bacon in Rue Cler (7th district aka %26quot;arrondisement%26quot;) - don%26#39;t recall the name. There%26#39;s is a restaurant in the Latin Quarter (5th District)providing American breakfasts you may want to check out http://www.breakfast-in-america.com/ . You can always have breakfast at a major hotel even if you don%26#39;t stay there. It will cost you.




|||



The %26quot;American-style%26quot; breakfast is probably the least likely requirement to be met, but there are large business-class hotels with internet access, A/C etc..





Investigate:





le Meridien Montparnasse hotel





new Marriott on Champs Elysee





Hotel Waldorf Trocadero has A/C and high-speed internet access, triple 286-344Euro



www.hotelwaldorftrocadero.com/eng/index.php





The beautiful Hotel de Banville has high-speed internet access, and a triple suite for 285Euro



http://www.hotelbanville.fr/index.php?lang=en




|||



I stayed at the Hilton and it was about as Americanized as you can get, and extremely comfortable. I also used my Hilton Honors points, so it cost me.....NADA! NOTHING! ZILCH! I think you can get some deals on the hotel websites on their hotels too. The new Arc d%26#39;Triomphe Hilton looks really nice. The only fabulous breakfast buffet I witnessed (and it was like a Bar Mitzvah!) was at the Hilton in Sorrento, Italy. Worth staying there just for the breakfast if nothing else!




|||



Thanks to all replies. I have to (lol) at myself as well.and by the way, I have been several times to the Las Vegas Paris hotel, thank you very much....If it was just my husband and myself, I wouldn%26#39;t be so fussy. But since there are three of us in one room, I just want to be as comfortable as possible when back from the ambience of the city. I can make do without the ambience of the hotel room. That is why just give me my creature comforts of a non smoking room, well working airconditioning, high speed internet access, elevators that generally are not a problem, and a quick hearty breakfast buffet at the hotel. Then if there is ambience, yeah! As far a the money goes, the cheapest of that will acomplish this, the better. I don%26#39;t need fancy, just comfortable. Please keep coming with the suggestions, and I will check them all out full of gratitude. Jetswdo




|||



Based on your preferences I would highly recommend the Hotel Lutetia in the 6th. It would seem to meet your requirements, but I have no idea about a laundrymat nearby.




|||



I found TripAdvisor reviews to be helpful in fiinding out more information/opinions on a given hotel.




|||



The people who told you to forget Paris and just go to Las Vegas have obviously never travelled with kids!! Like you, I am in the same boat except that I am travelling with my husband and 2 teenage children this summer and have spent the past week searching for a hotel that can accomodate the 4 of us w/out spending a fortune. While I would love to stay in a hotel full of Franch ambience most of those places can only accomodate 2 (in some cases 3) per room and cost a fortune. I just booked the Meriden Montparnasse which has a room with 2 Queen size beds, A/C etc. for approx 215 Euros a night. While I%26#39;m not thrilled about the location I haven%26#39;t found anything that comes close for that price. I would welcome any other suggestions except for snotty comments about how I should just go to Vegas!!




|||



The people who told you to forget Paris and just go to Las Vegas have obviously never travelled with kids!! Like you, I am in the same boat except that I am travelling with my husband and 2 teenage children this summer and have spent the past week searching for a hotel that can accomodate the 4 of us w/out spending a fortune. While I would love to stay in a hotel full of Franch ambience most of those places can only accomodate 2 (in some cases 3) per room and cost a fortune. I just booked the Meriden Montparnasse which has a room with 2 Queen size beds, A/C etc. for approx 215 Euros a night. While I%26#39;m not thrilled about the location I haven%26#39;t found anything that comes close for that price. I would welcome any other suggestions except for snotty comments about how I should just go to Vegas!!




|||



Have a look at the Hotel Holiday Inn Opera, a 4 star hotel but with very interesting rates for the American comfort you need...It is located in the 10th ..not too far from Opera and from Grand Boulevards...



They have large rooms, air conditioning and Internet access...



You can see it on http://www.holidayinn-opera.com



Have a nice trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment