Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Nice or Cannes in June

My husband, 1 year old child and I are planning to spend three weeks in either Cannes or Nice in June. We have already found rentals in both places but want to choose one as our hub for the entire 3 weeks. Both rentals are about a 5 min walk to the beach. We will likely rent a car to do day trips along the coast., but will also be spending a lot of time in whichever city we end up staying. Would you choose Cannes or Nice and why?




|||



Nice hands down. I live in southern Provence and know both areas well. There is far more to do and see in Nice, and you%26#39;re more centrally located for excursions east to Italy, Monaco, and elsewhere out of Nice. There are 10 times the museums, activities, and I like the rock beach (I know, call me weird) better in Nice. Cannes, quite frankly, aside from the film festival in May, has little to do there. (I know, I%26#39;ll be there for the festival). If it were my money and vacation, I%26#39;d be in Nice. Bon voyage!




|||



I agree with FF. Nice is the fifth largest city in France, with all of the vitality and life of a regional capital, while Cannes is simply an up market seaside resort.




|||



Totaly agree with the 2 previous posts. I go to Nice every year and still find new things to see. Love this town. Lively but calm, old and modern areas, best of both worlds. Nice is closer to monaco, Italy, Villefranche. Good restaurants both expensive and mid-price. Lots of museums and less crowded than Cannes.

No comments:

Post a Comment