Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Airline Questions

I am flying American back to Paris on April 7. I was wondering how it compares to other airlines. When I fly to CDG (from JFK), it is usually packed, but on the return trip, it is always about 3/4 empty. The food is OK, the entertainment is usually 2 movies. Not much else.





Would anyone else like to comment on and compare on their flying experiences to Paris on different airlines?




|||



I am also curious about others experiences on their flights. We are flying RT JFK to CDG on Delta mid-June. Would like to hear any experiences if you%26#39;ve taken these flights! We will be travelling with 2 kids!




|||



I%26#39;ve flown to Paris with American in coach, United a couple times in business class, United once in coach and Delta both in coach and business/elite. For what it%26#39;s worth, in coach there was no great difference in service or comfort. American was a tad better in coach cause we had more legroom. Delta%26#39;s business elite was tons better than United%26#39;s business class. We%26#39;re going back to Paris next month flying Delta (coach) there and Air France back, also in coach. I%26#39;ve read that Air France is better than our American carriers. Guess I%26#39;ll find out!




|||



in general , the US airlines are pretty crappy. sometimes i get lucky and the flight is %26quot;ok%26quot;, but sometimes the flight attendants are annoying or rude or the food isnt good, etc.





so if you can try air france or another %26quot;other country%26quot; airline then give it a go.




|||



I just flew CDG to LA on United with a layover in DC. The airplane from CDG to DC was a 777. So it was one of the nice big planes. There was plenty of overhead space for my stuffed backpack. (We did have some pretty bad turbulence... the %26quot;stomach in your throat%26quot; kind). Oh and I found this very funny--- they made an announcement several times saying that someone had smoked in the lavatory. And that is a federal offense. And if you saw anyone who %26quot;looked guilty%26quot;, to let them know about it.



When I went to board at DC to finish the trip back to LA, they had apparently %26quot;downgraded%26quot; our plane. It was the real long kind w/ 3 seats on either side of the single aisle. The plane was extremely cramped and I was one of the first dozen or so people on the plane but yet I noticed that there was a real problem w/ overhead space. It was already sparse as I was boarding. So I tried creating a whole big enough to cram my backpack in the overhead, which fit perfectly fine coming from Paris, but now it would barely fit. We had to take stuff outta the front pocket and wedge it in there... so extremely small, limited overhead space! And as it turned out, alot of people couldn%26#39;t get their baggage on the plane and had to check it at the last minute.





Oh and while on the subject of airlines/airplanes-- I%26#39;m a vegetarian who loves dairy. But for some reason, when I request a vegetarian meal, the airlines always always give me a vegan meal. Vegans and vegetarians are not the same thing. So on all 3 United flights, the %26quot;regular%26quot; meal was cheese tortellini. I could eat cheese tortellini.. but I got stuck w/ I don%26#39;t know what... I think it was Indian and - not to be too much of a complainer - but I don%26#39;t like Indian food. So while I%26#39;m sitting there eating my Indian food and lettuce salad, I%26#39;m looking over at my neighbor eating pasta and ice cream. I was so envious! So never again... I%26#39;m not ordering vegetarian meals as I have always gotten a vegan meal instead. Think I%26#39;ll take my chances on the %26quot;regular%26quot; meals....




|||



%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt;%26gt; I%26#39;m a vegetarian who loves dairy. But for some reason, when I request a vegetarian meal, the airlines always always give me a vegan meal. %26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;%26lt;





I%26#39;m a vegetarian too and sometimes I also end up with an unknown substance on my plate that looks like mush. On the way to paris one of the regular meals was cheese pasta thing that looked good but i was stuck. and for BREAKFAST... instead of a nice looking crossaint i got a cold hard bagel.



On the way back i got something better... a rice and beans kinda thing.. and the regular meals were chicken or beef. But its all luck i guess..... but i also like dairy things and haven%26#39;t gotten anything dairy ever i think.




|||



Cornfellow.. I%26#39;m so glad I%26#39;m not alone on this issue ;-)



And you know whats weird... I also noticed, as did my other vegetarian friend, they give us canned fruit and the %26quot;regular%26quot; meals get fresh fruit. ??? Weird.



At least my breakfast wasn%26#39;t too bad.. it was a vegan donut that didn%26#39;t taste too bad.





Yeah, so for my upcoming flight (to London this summer) I didn%26#39;t choose the %26#39;vegetarian%26#39; meal. And with my luck there will probably only be meat for the %26quot;regular%26quot; meals and no pasta option. But thats the chance I%26#39;m willing to take.. at least I%26#39;ll have butter to spread on my bread! ;-)



No comments:

Post a Comment