Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Ideas for Lyon region

My girlfriend and I are flying into Lyon at the end of May and will be staying for eight nights - we%26#39;re booked into a hotel in Lyon itself for the first two nights and then we%26#39;re getting a car and are planning on exploring the region - were thinking beaujolais area and then possibly heading across to the alps for a day or two - any ideas would be gratefully recevied....thanks!




|||



I%26#39;d say do a trip to Chamonix. From Lyon, I%26#39;d say it would take maybe 2 hours (you can pretty much drive as fast as you want). THere are plenty of B%26amp;Bs there as well as hotels (although I%26#39;ve never stayed there, was based in Geneva). Taking the gondola to L%26#39;Aguille du Midi is unbelievable, assuming good weather. The views are incredible. There is a stop between Chamonix and the top, I suggest you get off here and have a picnic lunch at the base of the mountain, very pretty.





Annecy is also very nice with a beautiful lake. And then there is Switzerland, but I%26#39;m not sure if you want to cross the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment